[IPython-dev] Jupyter/IPython for beginner

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:21:15 EDT 2015

On 12 June 2015 at 04:08, Brian Blais <bblais at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't checked nbopen (does it check to see if a server is
> already running in that folder, etc..?)

Yep! It actually checks for a server running in that folder or any parent
folder, and uses the one closest one. And of course it starts a new server
if there isn't a suitable one already.

Nicholas
> nbopen seems like it would be a nice addition [to Anaconda]

I think so, but the file manager integration probably can't be done just by
adding a conda package for nbopen, because it requires setting things up on
the system outside the directory managed by conda. The Anaconda installer
could set it up, if Continuum want to do that. We can try talking to them
about it.

Thomas