[IPython-dev] drop-in replacement for multiprocessing

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:51:17 EDT 2015

On 22 June 2015 at 11:42, Michael McKerns <mmckerns at caltech.edu> wrote:

> The most preferable solution would
> be to have the underlying "two line patch" accepted to the stdlib that
> allows a different serializer.  I'm not sure if a PEP was submitted for
> that it would be accepted.  But maybe I'd get surprised.

You shouldn't need a PEP for a two line change in a standard library
module. File an issue with the patch attached - normally when I've filed
issues, someone has responded within a day or two, though sometimes I've
needed to prod a bit to keep it on the radar after the initial response.

Of course, the downside to that approach is that, as it's a new feature,
you won't be able to use it until Python 3.6 (3.5 is already in feature
freeze, I believe). But even so, it's good to have advance planning to do
things the way you want to.

Thomas