[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Communications, mailing lists, gitter, etc...

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:03:21 EDT 2015

> **please** please, try to distinguish one way communication from discussion on the ML.
> Announcement are hard to refer to to and google and the ML. Announcement are made for the blog.
> If you don’t expect that response are key to communication, use the blog,
> you can start a thread **About** a blog post, but [Ann] on ML hurt communication.

I view the blog as being reserved for highly curated and copy-edited
content. That content is very time consuming to write and I don't want
to discourage smaller one-way announcements by telling people that
they all need to be blog posts. Also the blog serves a much difference
audience - users - than a development focused mailing list. For
development purposes, I don't see a significant difference between
announcements and 2 ways communications. Here is another metric to use
in deciding what is blog post worthy - do we want to tweet about it.
Most things on the mailing list - even when 1 way - don't pass that
test.

Cheers,

Brian

--