[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Experimenting with a modified dev meeting format?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:56:39 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think turning Tuesdays into check-ins/reports is a good idea. Having
> just one or two topics for actual in-depth meetings with smaller groups
> should definitely be more effective.

OK, here's a wrap-up and my suggested path forward, so we can call this
thread done, unless someone objects strenuously to something.  As usual, we
will fine-tune over time as we learn from experience...

-  Let's go with a max of 5 minutes per person on reporting of activity.

- When reporting, you should try make sure what you say answers the
following questions for the others:

* What have I been working on?
* What do I plan on working on?
* What things are preventing me from making progress?

This will ensure that everyone leaves knowing what everyone is up to, and
that we can effectively help each other, identify where resources are
needed, bottlenecks, etc.

- We try to take notes as usual collectively on Hackpad, BUT, we designate
a person each week who has an explicit responsibility that week to spend a
bit of time after the meeting making sure the notes make sense and posting
them to the Jupyter list. Hopefully that won't take more than a few
minutes, if the collective note-taking was sufficient.

This will give us a static record on the list of each week's meeting, which
is better than just having a doc on hackpad.

I volunteer to be the note-poster for tomorrow.

- Let's keep the total meeting time to 1h, hard limit.  Tomorrow, we're
going to use a trick to enforce that: our nice videoconferencing room at
BIDS is booked at 11am every other Tuesday, so we'll get kicked out
anyways.  We could obviously use another one, but instead we'll use the
room with the better audio equipment and be forced to stay on schedule :)

Did I miss anything?