[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Communications, mailing lists, gitter, etc...

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jun 30 15:45:26 EDT 2015

On Jun 30, 2015, at 7:40 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking simply of something where, if a discussion went on for hours and reached an important conclusion, the acting parties take only a few minutes to make a quick recap and post a light summary of it, no more, to the list to keep the rest of us in the loop.

That sounds like a really sensible use of time. Best immediately after the meeting, as otherwise the un-performed task can be a burden. It would probably only mean people scheduling 1:15 for the meeting instead of 1:00, just to make sure commitments and important decisions were recorded.

> I think it's not much to ask, and it's important so that we don't lose that common weave of community knowledge of what's happening across the project.  But it's indeed critical that we don't set a bar so high that it becomes burdensome.

I think we are in violent agreement :)

> I know far too well how on these kinds of things, the perfect is the enemy of the good, so we're going to keep the bar low: basic info, links that provide context to be useful and that help us weave the fabric of knowledge, and that keep the burden as minimal as absolutely possible.

Right. Quit apart from anything else,

a) Many hands make light work, and

b) Nobody wants to join a project with a reputation for becoming a millstone around people's necks :-)

> Cheers,

Always great to hear from you.

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com / +1 571 484 6266 / +44 208 289 6308 / @holdenweb