[IPython-dev] Disabling Authentication for Kernels

Brian Wolf bw at activustech.com
Mon Mar 2 17:20:41 EST 2015

Here's how I implemented authentication in Python for a project a few
years ago.

from passlib.context import CryptContext

pwd_context = CryptContext(
     schemes=["sha256_crypt", "sha512_crypt", "pbkdf2_sha256"],
     default="sha256_crypt",
     all__vary_rounds = "10%",
     sha256_crypt__default_rounds = 10000
     )

if pwd_context.verify(pwd_during_login, pwd_in_db):
     # password hashes match; set user as logged in
else:
     # password hashes do not match; user not logged in

Thank you.
Brian

  * Activus Technologies
  * Brian Wolf