[IPython-dev] "Run" button for widgets?

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:51:40 EST 2015

Hi,

I am exploring the use of  IPython widgets for some teaching. Basically, I
want to be able to set a number of parameters to then run some code and
plot some results. This is fairly typical. However, my code can take
~minutes to run, and currently, if I change something in any of my widgets,
IPython will execute the code, irrespective that the user wants to change
more boxes/sliders/etc.Is there some provision for having a "Run" button
that would gather all the data in the boxes and only run the code when this
button is pressed?

We are using IPython 2.x, if that makes any difference.

Many thanks!
Jose