[IPython-dev] Cython magic annotate option broken under IPython 3.0?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:43:49 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I realize that the cython magic has been moved over to the cython project,
but I couldn't find a way to report this on their trac issue tracker, and
it's not even clear to me if this is an issue in the cython side of things
or the IPython side.

To reproduce this issue, be on cython 0.22 and IPython 3.0 and run the
following notebook:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/ngoldbaum/855a629d997aa7959254

Googling the error returns some several year old discussions in IPython
related to the autoreload magic and I'm not sure if that is a red herring
here:

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-dev/2012-May/009288.html

For how I'm working around this by calling cython at the command line in my
notebook and then loading the annotated HTML with an IFrame.

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan