[IPython-dev] Remote Launcher App?

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:40:10 EDT 2015

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has made a small app OS X that is capable of
launching and stopping the notebook, preferably from a dropdown from top
menubar. I was thinking it would be nice to launch the notebook either
locally or remotely on a separate server connected with ssh port forwarding.

I was thinking of making this app for my own use (in my research, I use the
notebook and lots of different remote clusters over ssh). If someone has
already done this though, that would obviously save some work.

-Robert