[IPython-dev] Removing "Out[]" prompts in nbconvert PDF output

Maximilian Albert maximilian.albert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:41:07 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I know this has been brought up a few times before on various forums, but
I'm getting a bit lost in all the recent changes to nbconvert, templating,
etc., and most of the info I can find online is somewhat out of date.

Is there currently a way to convert a notebook to PDF which removes all the
input code cells *and* omits the "Out[]" prompts in the converted output?
Removing the input code cells is easy: the edited version of this answer
[1] on StackOverflow works beautifully. However, the converted output still
has the "Out[]" prompts. I tried to fiddle with the template but didn't
manage to get rid of it. Am I missing something or is this currently not
easily possible?

Many thanks,
Max

P.S.: It's already been a little while, but I'd like to extend a huge
thanks to the dev team for their awesome work on the 3.0 release. Fantastic
job, everyone!!