[IPython-dev] IHaskell on Jupyter

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:00:55 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Nicholas Bollweg <nick.bollweg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Congrats!
>
> What is the PR (repo, requirements) process for getting something up on
> try.j.o? I've been bumbling around with getting hy_kernel
> <https://github.com/bollwyvl/hy_kernel> ready for a real-ish release, and
> would love to be able to get it up there.

Would love to make try.jupyter.org a general place for trying different
kernels! Now would be a great time to talk about some conventions. I can
think of a couple:

1. First help link for a kernel: "Getting Started" with simple code
examples, and pointers to full doc on using language in notebook

2. Another help link: "Installing X Kernel" with instructions on how to
install kernel on your own system

Also, what criteria for including a kernel on try.jupyter?

Easy install?
Robust?
Specific licenses only?
Commercial kernels?
How will new versions of a kernel (or its dependencies) get included?
How often will it be updated?

-Doug