[IPython-dev] Cannot connect to kernel when not using localhost

Justin jg3705a at student.american.edu
Fri Mar 27 10:26:34 EDT 2015

On 03/26/2015 05:37 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 26 March 2015 at 16:40, Justin <jg3705a at student.american.edu
> <mailto:jg3705a at student.american.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Note that I can edit markdown and raw text cells, I just cannot
>     execute
>     code.
>

> This sounds like websockets are getting blocked somewhere - is there
> any proxy involved? If you have a proxy set up for other internet
> access, you may need to specifically tell it to let local IPs go
> through directly.
Thanks for the reply.  I do not believe (I know almost nothing about
networking so I can never be 100% sure) I have any  proxies set up.   I
do have my machine setup so that I can ssh into it from my laptop but  I
don't think that is related.  Is there any procedure I can follow to see
if the websockets are getting blocked and how to specifically tell it to