[IPython-dev] ShellChannel.object_info equivalent?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed May 6 22:52:36 EDT 2015

We use it to provide signature help inside of PTVS.  By breaking out the arguments we can highlight the current arg that the user is typing.  And we would display the doc string below the signature help.

If it was available under a separate mime type that'd be great and we'd start displaying it again.  For now we're just displaying the entire string which is a slightly degraded experience vs IPython 2 as well as our normal IDE experience.