[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Fwd: [sage-devel] European Horizon 2020 project OpenDreamKit accepted

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:46:29 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Kyle Kelley <rgbkrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is so exciting! Congrats Nicolas and team!
>
> Might we ask what the IPython/Jupyter bits were?

There are teams at Simula (led by Hans Petter Langtangen, where Min will be
in the future), Southampton (Hans Fangohr, where Thomas will be) and
Sheffield (Neil Lawrence) who will all participate. If you want to read the
full proposal, it's all on github:

https://github.com/sagemath/grant-europe/

they also wrote a nice post about the process (which I witnessed, and I
have to take my hat off to Nicholas for an incredible leadership in
producing a very coherent document under crazy constraints, something that
is really, really hard):

http://inverseprobability.com/2015/01/14/open-collaborative-grant-writing/

We really look forward to the opportunities this will open up on the EU
side, and again, congrats to Nicholas and the entire ODK team.  Now the
real work starts :)

Cheers