[IPython-dev] Help on IPython functional dependency program

Hemant Mehta hemant_tgm at rediffmail.com
Wed May 27 13:13:58 EDT 2015

Dear Matthias Bussonnier,

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for unclear question.
I got following example of After/follow dependency in IPython documentation Release 0.11, on page 127,
it is working fine.
In [14]: client.block=False
In [15]: ar = lview.apply(f, args, kwargs)
In [16]: ar2 = lview.apply(f2)
In [17]: ar3 = lview.apply_with_flags(f3, after=[ar,ar2])
In [17]: ar4 = lview.apply_with_flags(f3, follow=[ar], timeout=2.5)

I am facing the problem that I am unable to create a simple example to demonstrate any|all, success
[default: True], failure [default [False]].

I need a simple example demonstrating that task a1 will be dependent on the completion of all/ any of
the tasks (a2,a3, a4) may be success/failure.
If possible kindly give me some example of all/any dependency.
Thanks,
Hemant.

On Wed, 27 May 2015 21:26:20 +0530 Matthias Bussonnier  wrote

> On May 26, 2015, at 23:11, Hemant Mehta  wrote:

> sorry for the typing mistake, I need help on getting sample program for graph dependency using all,

> success etc.

> I got examples for after/follow in IPython documents and in a book.

> Thanks,

> Hemant.

Hi,

If you don’t tell us, which example, which book, what does not work, what error you get,

what Python version you are using, what you tried, it’s hard to help you.

—

IPython-dev at scipy.org