[IPython-dev] How to display markdown text in DataFrame in Notebook

Anton Akhmerov anton.akhmerov at gmail.com
Sat May 30 14:08:00 EDT 2015

Hi Matthias,

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason people don’t try, or don’t read the doc:

 Thanks for the explanation, and my apologies for the incorrect reply. I
did read the docs and asked on gitter, only I didn't recheck since v2, and
_repr_markdown_ as well as IPython.display.Markdown were introduced in v3.

> Which is the bad solution also, register a display_formatter for a
> specific object type:
>

> https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ipython/ipython-in-depth/blob/bigsplit/examples/IPython%20Kernel/Custom%20Display%20Logic.ipynb#Adding-IPython-display-support-to-existing-objects

Thanks for sharing the ipython-in-depth link. May I suggest to also refer
to it from http://ipython.org/documentation.html, it seems to have useful
explanations that are not contained in the rest of the docs (at least as
far as I could tell).

Anton