[IPython-dev] Multiple front ends connecting to same kernel

Tom Quarendon tom.quarendon at teamwpc.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 11:50:55 EDT 2015

If I connect multiple front ends to the same jupyter/ipython kernel, then having read the message docs I naively expected that everything I did on one would get mirrored on the other. So if I create a cell and run it on one front end, I naively expected that the other front end would display the executed cell text along with any output.
However this doesn’t happen.
Is this as expected? I rather assumed that the point of everything being sent out on the iopub socket was to make collaboration between front ends and sharing of kernels possible.

Thanks.