[IPython-dev] Multiple front ends connecting to same kernel

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:31:17 EDT 2015

> On Oct 23, 2015, at 00:04, Tom Quarendon <tom.quarendon at teamwpc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> OK, I understand.
> That option kind of works for the console case (the ANSI formatting characters get all messed up, but the output shows at least).
> I was assuming that I’d done something wrong in my kernel, not putting the right topic on the pub messages or something, but since I couldn’t get the behaviour to work anywhere I was then confused as to whether it was indeed supposed to work.

Well if the doc in nuclear on that part and you can propose some improvement we will be happy to do so.
Feel free to ask more question on what kind of socket to use and where if you need help.

Looking forward to see your kernel if it’s going to be public.

You can also ask question on jupyter at googlegroups.com where you might have more kernels authors from other languages.