[IPython-dev] IPython 5.0 and ConfigManager issue

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:14:31 EDT 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 16:07, Alan <alanwilter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yet I don't get what Thomas says by "And you don't need any of the profile
> stuff - Jupiter".

The lines:

from IPython.utils.path import locate_profile
cm = ConfigManager(profile_dir=locate_profile(get_ipython().profile))

Can become:

cm = ConfigManager()

IPython has a notion of 'profiles', separate sets of configurations that
you can switch between at launch. We didn't carry this notion over to
Jupyter, and since the notebook interface is part of Jupyter, it's ignoring
the IPython profile that code finds for it.

Thomas