[IPython-dev] IPython 4.1.0 out.
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:36:58 EST 2016
Hello fellow Pythonistas,
As promised a few days ago, and as we did not get any outstanding bug reports, IPython 4.1.0 is now out !
And, as usual you can upgrade with
$ pip install ipython --upgrade
The conda folks should update their recipe shortly in which case you will be able to upgrade using conda,
the `-y` flag will skip prompting you for confirmation :-P
$ conda install ipython -y
You can see the short list of new features on readthedocs :
• IPython debugger (IPdb) now supports the number of context lines for the where (and w) commands. The context keyword is also available in various APIs.
• YouTube video will now show thumbnail when exported to a media that do not support video.
• Add warning when running ipython <subcommand> when subcommand is deprecated. jupyter should now be used.
• Code in %pinfo (also known as ??) are now highlighter.
• %aimport now support module completion
• ipdb output is now colored !
• Add ability to transpose columns for completion
And the stats:
We closed 60 issues and merged 148 pull requests, with 52 authors contributing 468 commits.
To compare with the big split (3.x-> 4.0)
We closed 35 issues and merged 125 pull requests, with 69 authors contributed 1186 commits.
So this is not such a small release.
We should shortly branch toward a 5.0 that will likely drop some backward compatibility (remove a few shims, deprecated API...etc),
so stay alert if you are on master.
Enjoy this release, Thanks
Matthias for the IPython team.
 http://ipython.readthedocs.org/en/4.x/whatsnew/version4.html <http://ipython.readthedocs.org/en/4.x/whatsnew/version4.html>
 http://ipython.readthedocs.org/en/4.x/whatsnew/github-stats-4.html <http://ipython.readthedocs.org/en/4.x/whatsnew/github-stats-4.html>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev