[IPython-dev] IPython 5.0.0rc1
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:41:40 EDT 2016
I'm happy to announce IPython 5.0.0rc1, hopefully that will be the last before
the final version. Upgrade with
$ pip install ipython --upgrade --pre
We have 1 outstanding issue where `%matplotlib qt` on Windows is currently
broken, we would need help in getting that fixed as most of the dev dont have
The time since Beta4 have been longer than usual as we were waiting for some
Big improvement and efforts on the documentation side, that you can view on
In particular the what's new is of interest:
Since Beta 4 we had the following noticeable points.
- Attempt to document most of prompt_toolkit shortcuts (vi and emacs mode)
- lots of cleanup of readline-relative code that should be unused, and added
quite a bit of DeprecationWarnings in places that needed them.
- restore color in IPython.embed()
- TerminalInteractiveShell.colors gain a "Neutral" theme now the default, that
should be visible both on light and dark BG. the `linux` and `lightbg`
variant have now more contrast, and can be switched live with `%colors`
- lots of edge-case bug fix/crash.
- There were upload issue with warehouse, If install fail, or you have weirds
issue, feel free to tell us.
- Jupyter console 5 is out, not much change from beta. It fix compatibility
issues with IPython 5.0
- Hopefully I'll release 5.0 by end of week/early next week, before or during
SciPy with a bigger announce on the Jupyter blog.
More information about the IPython-dev