[IPython-dev] IPython 5.0.0b3 out
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:38:10 EDT 2016
Nothing fancy again, getting closer to RC.
You know the dril:
$ pip install ipython --upgrade --pre
- We broke 3 things in beta2. sorry about that:
- Tooltip in Notebook that would always say [object, object], now fixed.
- Completion would crash with Prompt_toolkit 1.0.0 (sorry we are
living on master)
This was due to an (unintentional) change of API, if you ever spot a
change of API which is not documented of don't have big deprecation
warning, don't blindly update your project(s), make sure we are aware
of the API change. Especially during beta/rc cycle.
- Doc building fixed on windows, and missing labels.
- many %%magics now have correct syntax highlighting in the terminal as well !
- Completer can be dismissed with CtrlG/CtrlC, input buffer cleared
with CtrlC. (no, not with Esc for technical reason, more in changelog)
- Fix some key bindings (mainly in Vi input mode) to better match readline.
There is a couple of issue we can't reproduce / figure-out:
- can't type double quote : https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/9589
- get stuck in completions (Aron Meurer on this list)
We'd appreciate feedback if you can/cannot reproduce, to narrow-down the reason.
A few requests have been marked as non-issues/ not feasible / later,
please have a look and make you voice heard if it really bother you as
A couple of issues are marked as minor, and we will try to fix them soonish.
Pr welcome !
As usual thanks for all of those who pitched in !
More information about the IPython-dev