[IPython-dev] Python variables obscur ipdb commands

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:19:42 EDT 2016

On 25 October 2016 at 18:25, Kossak <sburczymuch+ipython at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this a bug that python variables obscur ipdb commands? I can't use "n"
> nor "next" (they return variable value) when there are variables with the
> same name in the code being debugged. Details are here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40224066/ipdb-
> commands-obscured-by-variables

It's a feature that was added recently, though I can imagine it may be
annoying. Here's the PR that added it:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/9449

Feel free to open an issue asking that it be removed again. I don't have
any strong feelings one way or the other, as I don't use the debugger much.

Thomas