[IPython-dev] Load Testing JupyterHub

Thorin Tabor thorin at broadinstitute.org
Fri Sep 2 17:02:04 EDT 2016

Hello,

We've been operating a JupyterHub instance for some time, and are now
looking to gain some insight into the maximum number of users or
notebooks that our current hardware can handle. Basically we want to do
some load testing on our JupyterHub environment.

Since we are surely not alone in doing this sort of testing, I wanted to
ask the Jupyter development community what options and tools are out
there, and which work well with JupyterHub. What are people using? What
are the best practices?

Thorin