[IPython-dev] .<tab> to print all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 01:34:10 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:23 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I / is there a way to restore the .<tab> prints all entries in
> sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?
>
> Is there a way to configure the new python-prompt-toolkit to not require
> multiple keystrokes to list the inspectable API of a class or instance?

Is there a way to get my .inputrc readline bindings to work in IPython?
(Is there a way to restore the classic pre-python-prompt-toolkit completer
functionality with a configuration setting?)

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather have my .inputrc readline bindings
than these new features, TBH.

  Ctrl-[ == Ctrl-A
  Ctrl-] == Ctrl-E
  Ctrl-right
  Ctrl-left

I added this first stab at a (pseudo-stateful) parser, but it's probably
not complete and lacking test cases:

"detect key-bindings from .inputrc"
https://github.com/jonathanslenders/python-prompt-toolkit/issues/56
https://gist.github.com/westurner/0491f7e2c6d91842c3bcd3925d911ff7

In the meantime, how could one restore the classic IPCompleter or even just
rlcompleter?