[IPython-dev] Problem with I-Search when Using IPython in VSCode's Integrated Terminal

Carl Smith carl.input at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:38:24 EST 2017

Hi,

I was just trying out VSCode, Microsoft's open source editor. It's pretty
nice and has an integrated terminal emulator. The terminal works fine with
a regular bash shell, but whenever I use IPython there, it has this weird
issue where it opens I-Search after almost every input. If I enter `ls`
say, it prints the directory contents, then the prompt jumps to the bottom
of the screen, where an `I-Search:` prompt appears. It doesn't happen with
IPython in a regular terminal emulator, only with IPython in VSCode. It
makes IPython unusable there.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this. Can anyone help me get
rid of it?

-- Carl Smith
carl.input at gmail.com