[IPython-dev] Preparing for IPython 6.0

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:04:09 EST 2017

Hi all

I think we are closing-in on IPython 6.0

There are about 30 issues/PR open [1], I've opened a meta issue to discuss
remaining changes and potentially problematic issues[2], and I've started to
write/fomat the what's new [3]

There are about 7 issues marked "Need contributors" that should be relatively
easy if you are new to the codebase or to Python. Next week I'll be in Berkeley
participating to the docathon [4]. I'd love help to go through the docs and
make things cleaner/better/valid for most English
lexer/parser/compiler/interpreters.

If you have any critical issues that are not marked as 6.0, let us know. Even
if they are marked as 6.0 they may be bumped to later if there is not much
interest, involve too much changes, or are beyond what we are capable of doing.

Looking forward for your help to test, review, document. As usual if
you have any question they are welcome.

Thanks,
--
Matthias