[IPython-dev] Integrating mypy with IPython using custom magic

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:45:55 EDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Stephan Fitzpatrick <
knowsuchagency at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those interested, I wrote a cell magic to allow one to run a cell
> through
> mypy <http://mypy-lang.org/>.
>
> The link to the gist is here
> <https://gist.github.com/knowsuchagency/f7b2203dd613756a45f816d6809f01a6>.

Cool, thanks! This would make for a nice newsletter item!

> Anyone interested in the article on how/why I wrote it with example code
> can find it here
> <http://journalpanic.com/post/spice-up-thy-jupyter-notebooks-with-mypy/>.

Quick q: you mention you configured IPython to print not only the last
evaluated statement but more than that.  I admit I didn't realize we'd made
that configurable! (not too surprising, the project has grown so much
there's quite a bit of the codebase, even in the IPython kernel, I don't
recognize anymore).  Can you point me to how you did it? Would love to
learn :)

Cheers