[IPython-dev] saving base64 encoded content separately

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 06:54:40 EDT 2021

Hi Jonathan,

The notebook file format is really about Jupyter, rather than IPython (the
project split into two parts; IPython provides the Python execution backend
for Jupyter). You might want to try on the Jupyter Discourse board:
https://discourse.jupyter.org/

I experimented several years ago with 'exploding' a notebook file into a
directory (https://github.com/takluyver/nbexplode ). I don't expect it to
be a directly usable solution, but it might have useful ideas or pieces for
you.

Best wishes,
Thomas