[IronPython] Two questions...

Hal Fulton hal9000 at hypermetrics.com
Sun Aug 15 20:00:06 CEST 2004

I've been playing with IronPython for a few hours, and I
have a couple of questions:

1. I'm using Mono on Linux. It's unclear to me how to invoke
    IP... is it like this?
      mono __main__.exe scriptname.py
    When I try that, it complains about winforms or some such.

2. I'm trying to grasp the overall concept here. Is there a
    good reason this is all written in C#?

    By that, I mean: Wouldn't it be possible to change just the
    code generation pieces of the Python interpreter/compiler?

    It seems to me that "a compiler running on mono" is not
    necessary if we want "a compiler that generates code that
    runs on mono." Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Hal Fulton