[IronPython] Writing new modules

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Aug 24 16:19:34 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 13:47 -0400, Nick Bastin wrote:

> That's fine, since that's technically how we build CPython as well.
> This actually generates another question - I don't have VC.NET, but
> rather am using Mono.  Is there any build system set up for non-VC
> builds, or do I have to make one?

use prj2make# to convert the VC project, then tweak the Makefile

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?prj2make-sharp

I attach a Makefile I made in this way for building IronPython.dll -- it
assumes you have the binary .dll for IronMath and the SystemUtil.dll
already built.

It shouldn't be hard to make the rest of the Makefiles in similar way.

-- Edd