[IronPython] IP 1.0 timeframe?

Nirmal_C at Dell.com Nirmal_C at Dell.com
Mon Oct 18 15:23:17 CEST 2004

ASML Syntax looks very much Pythoni'c ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: users-ironpython.com-bounces at lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-ironpython.com-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of
Keith J. Farmer
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 2:22 AM
To: users-ironpython.com at lists.ironpython.com
Subject: RE: [IronPython] IP 1.0 timeframe?

You misunderstood me -- I want it to be completed and released as a
fully supported language, as well as Cw and (hopefully) IP.

I also want it to have its own life in VS, as a peer to the other
languages (Cw does, I'd expect IP to), rather than living within some
other language's realm.  I really don't care about programming in MS
Word.

I remember writing to the AsmL folks once, asking about this, and the
response was that they were looking into it, but it's been a good year
since I've heard anything new.

Between AsmL, Cw, and IronPython, I think we could have a pretty good
set of languages for development:  Cw for the hard-core data layer, AsmL
for state machines and specifications, and IP for the PyZen.