[IronPython] Continuation lines

Marko Siladin marko.siladin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 18:07:07 CEST 2004

Greetings,
I just started experimenting with IronPython and was wondering if
there is a list of features that are not implemented yet? So I can
tell if something is a bug or just not yet implemented. I tried to use
Continuation lines for string literals and got the following error:

>>> h="t\
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at IronPython.AST.Tokenizer.nextChar()
   at IronPython.AST.Tokenizer.readString(Char quoteChar, Boolean isRaw, Boolean
 isUnicode)
   at IronPython.AST.Tokenizer.next()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.nextToken()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.peekToken()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseTestList(Boolean& trailingComma)
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseTestListAsExpr()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseExprStmt()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseSmallStmt()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseSimpleStmt()
   at IronPython.AST.Parser.parseStmt()
   at IronPythonConsole.IronPython.ParseText(String text)
   at IronPythonConsole.IronPython.DoInteractive()

This was using IronPython 0.6 on .NET 1.1 (Windows 2000)

Sorry if this is covered on a web page somewhere - I wasn't able to find it.
--
...Marko