[IronPython] running compiled code

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 24 14:54:56 CEST 2004

Jeremy Jones wrote:

> Is there a way to run compiled code (e.g. the __main__.exe that was
> generated by the IronPythonConsole) without having to be in the
> IronPython\bin directory?  I'm running IronPython 0.6 and Mono 1.0 on
> Windows XP.  I've successfully run IronPython by itself and under
> Mono.  I've successfully run IronPythonConsole on a simple Python
> script and generated the __main__.exe and a .dll file.  I've even
> successfully run the generated __main__.exe - but only while I'm in
> the IronPython\bin directory.  I guess it's referencing some libraries
> that are in that directory.  Is there a way that I can copy the
> IronPython libraries into the Mono directory and have Mono aware of
> IronPython?  Or is there some environment variable that I can set to
> make Mono aware of IronPython?
>

> Jeremy Jones

Actually, I got it to work.  I just copied:

IronPython.dll
IronPythonConsole.exe
IronPythonConsole.pdb
SystemUtil.dll
IronMath.dll

to my Mono\lib directory.  I don't know if I need all of those files or
not....

I'm trying the same thing on Linux, though and I can't seem to get it to
work.  I've tried copying the same files as above to my
/usr/lib/mono/1.0 directory to no success and decided to try copying
them to my /usr/bin directory (since that is where the mono executable
lives) to no succes as well.  (I have gotten Mono on Linux to run the
__main__.exe, though.  But while I'm in the IronPython/bin directory.)
Anyone have any ideas on where I can copy these IronPython exe and dll
files on Linux to get it working?

Jeremy Jones