[IronPython] Zope/Plone on IronPython?

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:46:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

As far as I know, there is a bunch of Python module written in C at
the core of Zope. They implement the core capacities of the object
broker and the object database engine :

Acquisition.pyd
Btree.pyd
ComputedAttribute.pyd
ExtensionClass.pyd
IIBtree.pyd
initgroup.pyd
intSet.pyd
IOBTree.pyd
MethodObject.pyd
Missing.pyd
MultiMapping.pyd
OIBtree.pyd
Record.pyd
ThreadLock.pyd

Judging from this list, a port to IronPython seems highly doubtful.
Everything would have to be reimplemented, which looks like a titan's
work.

Regards,
Nicolas