[IronPython] Sample project idea

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Tue Apr 5 01:24:13 CEST 2005

A few years ago, I created an AppBar by merging wxPython, what became
PyCrust, and the win32 extensions.  I just realized how much easier
it'll be to re-create that (and how much more likely it'll be to work
correctly).  The old project is here:

    http://www.thuban.org:8080/projects/PyAppBar

Is IronPythonConsole going to have a WinForms control available to wrap
it?  Personally, I've thought that having an InterpreterControl class
with configurable styling and event handling would be interesting for
such things as Python, but designing such a thing is outside of my
experience.

I think it'd make an interesting (and potentially useful) sample
project.  Perhaps it would drive the WinForms team to package
ApplicationToolbar and BandObject classes?

Keith J. Farmer
kfarmer at thuban.org
http://www.thuban.org