[IronPython] To Compile or Not to compile, that's the question

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Apr 14 23:39:21 CEST 2005

My first reaction to "python.net.exe" is that nearly everyone would end
up wrapping it in a script:  it's long and complex.  IMHO, people like
short names, particularly if they follow a pre-established pattern (eg,
csc, fsc, plc, cc, etc).

My second is that "should not" and "will not" depend entirely on
copyright issues at worst, and association at best.  "Python.NET" and
"Python for .NET" -- who's going to come into the community and be able
to tell the difference?  There's also
http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/, which Brian could tell you
about.

I think the name should be unique -- and short.