[IronPython] Questions for FAQ or User Guide

Richard Monson-Haefel richard.mh at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 23:22:42 CEST 2005

Well, the way I see it (not that my opinion is all that important, but
...) you should be able to use more explicit typing by declaring the
System.Double [] type  if you desire, but IronPython should attempt to
do the transformation if you choose not to (or neglect) to do so. That
way you get both options. Very explicit type conversions or implicit
conversions.  It becomes a matter of style.  The thing to remember,
IMO, is that IronPython is a dynamic language and by nature dynamic
language are loosely typed. If you require explicit typing, than you
are breaking that model, in which case you might as well not use
IronPython at all.