[IronPython] IronPython 0.9 released

Martin Maly martmaly at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Aug 4 21:21:07 CEST 2005

As for the static compilation, it is another 'maybe' for 1.0 and we are not decided one way or another (it is another topic you can provide feedback on and let us know how important it is to you).

For the 0.9 I actually went somewhat further with the static compilation story and made the whole test suite to run from the compiled exes. Surely, it is not the answer to the 'static compilation' problem, but in the least somewhat more complicated scripts (i.e. those that used import) can run in some cases. So the story is slowly getting better already, but it still has a long way to go to be perfect and we are trying to determine the importance for our users to help use choose whether to try and implement it for 1.0 or later.

Martin