[IronPython] Re: typeof equivalent?

Greg Chapman glc at well.com
Tue Aug 9 00:43:06 CEST 2005

Keith J. Farmer wrote:

> I take it that:
>     from System import Type
>     from System import DateTime
>     Type.GetType(DateTime).GetProperties()
> Isn't what you're looking for?  It is, admittedly, not what I would
> expect for the DateTime type.
> Perhaps DateTime.__dict__ ?

My example wasn't particularly well-chosen.  What I'm really interested
in is being able to do .NET reflection on a .NET type without having an
instance of that type (with an instance, I could call GetType() to get
the RuntimeType).  After your suggestion, I found that the __dict__
actually has this information for properties (the instances of
ReflectedProperty in the __dict__ have an info attribute which is the
RuntimePropertyInfo for the property).  However, instances of
ReflectedMethod do not appear to have anything similar.  And I'd still
like to be able to get hold of the RuntimeType for the full range of
reflection.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

---
Greg Chapman