[IronPython] IronPython 0.9.1 released

Martin Maly martmaly at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Aug 24 01:12:50 CEST 2005

Hello IronPython community,

Today we have released IronPython 0.9.1, a small incremental release
that contains several fixes for issues that were found in the 0.9
release and few changes in the console experience.

The list of changes:

* calling .Net methods with "ref" parameters is fixed
* del with parentheses is fixed: "del(x)"
* map called on array of strings now works
* static methods now display better __doc__ strings
* conversions from enums to integer types are implemented
* The EXEs we generate for simple winforms scripts now run standalone
* parrotrun.py is now included with the release to make running our full
test suite easier.
* Jim also changed the way we print exception traces and added the
"-X:ColorfulConsole" command line parameter

Our thanks for bug reports, opinions, feedback and ideas go to Anthony
Tarlano, Nicholas Jacobson, Steven Drucker, grizlupo, Jonathan Jacobs,
Keith J. Farmer and everybody else who we talked to in the course of the
recent weeks, whether it was at OsCon in Portland or over email.

After OsCon and two completely hectic weeks we are looking forward to
implementing items from our todo list, the biggest of which is CPython
2.4 features and running more and more of the CPython test suite.

Thank you very much for all your feedback and help and keep in touch,

The IronPython Team.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e34cfca-a843-4
96c-bf7e-3e6a250e36ce&displaylang=en
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/ironpython