[IronPython] using ironpython write a code editor

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Thu Aug 25 06:15:54 CEST 2005

At 13:20 2005-08-22, you wrote:
>:)
>
>And yet another minor correction:
>
>".. which is incorrect, but I believe Queen Elizabeth would forgive you.."
>
>I think you meant to use an ellipse (" ... "), defined as 3 dots separated
>by spaces, which denotes something left out or a voice trailing off.

err, ellipsis

Main Entry: el·lip·sis
Pronunciation: i-'lip-s&s, e-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural el·lip·ses  /-"sEz/
Etymology: Latin, from Greek elleipsis ellipsis,
ellipse, from elleipein to leave out, fall short,
from en in + leipein to leave -- more at IN, LOAN
1 a : the omission of one or more words that are
obviously understood but that must be supplied to
make a construction grammatically complete b : a
sudden leap from one topic to another
2 : marks or a mark (as ... or · or --)
indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

definition 2 is what you're looking for, I
believe. (hmmm, I thought 1b was a segue... maybe
Webster.com is wrong afterall)

Victor A. Wagner Jr.      http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"