[IronPython] Newbie questions & comments

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Sat Dec 3 22:03:51 CET 2005

Hello all,

Great looking project.  I am eager to start porting Leo to IronPython +
Windows Forms.

Here are some first thoughts from somebody new to .Net, IronPython, Windows
Forms and Gotdotnet :-)

1. It took me two days to find the link to this list.  I would have expected
the link to be in the left sidebar of the IronPython home page, rather than
at the bottom of a news announcement.

2. I just filed a bug report that IronPythonConsole -i whatever.py crashes.
I wouldn't have done so had I found this list first.  Sorry about that.
However, there does not seem to be any discussion in the IronPython tutorial
about how to run IronPython from a file.  Typing interactively is ok for a
start, but how do you execute IronPython on a file?

Any help getting started would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net