[IronPython] DW.exe...

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 14 07:56:59 CET 2005

Hi Liam,

The root of the problem is that you create separate thread. Once you do that, the second thread doesn't have global try: except: statement in it so all exceptions fly right through to the OS, which kills the process and displays Dr. Watson.

You can do something like:

def start():
	try:
		app = MyApp()
		app.Run()
        except Exception, e:
		print e

t = Thread(start)
t.ApartmentState = ApartmentState.STA
t.Start()
t.Join()

to catch the 2nd thread's exceptions and get diagnostics.

I hope this helps
Martin