[IronPython] IronPython status

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Tue Feb 22 19:44:03 CET 2005

> Also, I am not very fond of 'like' languages, i.e. a 'C' like
> language or a 'Java' like language, or in this case a 'Python'
> like language.

I definitely agree with the general sentiment here - though
there are still some issues ahead with Python on the CLR that
will probably need to be dealt with (attributes, etc.)

> Now, the .net runtime allready supports the features of this
> type via the 'IReflect' and 'IExpando' interfaces.
>
> So, what I am going to do is this: All Python types will
> implement the IReflect and optionally the IExpando interface.
> Python functions will extend the standard 'MethodInfo' interface.
> Then all generated code will operate on these standard interfaces.

Have you been able to find any concise info on IExpando? I've had
an inkling that it could be useful for (unmanaged)Python with .NET,
but it seems underdocumented...

BTW, I'd be happy to lend a hand on this stuff. I was really hoping
that there would be an update on the 'official' status of IP, but
in the meantime I'm happy to contribute in the hope that this work
will be merged in later...

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com