[IronPython] IronPython status

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Tue Feb 22 20:04:01 CET 2005

> The beauty of Python is its built-in constructs and types.
> To be able to
> use lists, tuples and dictionaries... to be able to iterate over them
> without having to know ahead of time the object type... and
> then to wield
> that power against a nice set of libraries in .NET
> (especially for the UI)
> is a powerful combination.
>
> But really my point here is that sticking close to the
> original language is
> a good idea.  The primary key to IronPython success exists in
> finishing what
> has been started...

Agreed - it would be helpful, I think, for those who are
interested to come up with a prioritized list of what needs
to be done to 'finish'. There appears to be some desire and
momentum from people willing to contribute, so we should
take advantage of that and reconcile things when Jim re-surfaces ;)

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com