[IronPython] Error Message

Shidan shidan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 09:53:02 CEST 2005

Hi I'm getting the following message, couldn't find anything similar
on the bug tracker:

C:\MontLingua\python>ironpythonconsole MontyLingua.py
IronPython.Objects.PythonNameError: name 'self' not defined

at __main__.MontyLingua$maker0() in C:\MontLingua\python\MontyLingua.py:line 241

at __main__.Initialize() in C:\MontLingua\python\MontyLingua.py:line 157

### This is the code :
 def split_paragraphs(self,text):
    	"""inputs a raw text and outputs a list of paragraph segments"""
        return self.theMontyTokenizer.split_paragraphs(text)
##this is line 241

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug

Another message I can't figure out is the following:

C:\MontLingua\python>ironpythonconsole MontyLingua.py
IronPython.Objects.PythonSyntaxError: unexpected token <indent> at
MontyLingua.p
y:268

### Heres the code:

 def strip_tags(self,tagged_or_chunked_text):
    	toks = tagged_or_chunked_text.split()
        toks = filter(lambda x:'/' in x,toks)
        toks = map(lambda x:x.split('/')[0],toks)          ### Line 268
        return ' '.join(toks)

Looking forward to learning more about IronPython so thanks in advance.

-----
Shidan