[IronPython] IronPython port of HarvestMan

Anand Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:53:09 CEST 2005

Hi

      I have been lurking around in the list observing the
developments. With the 0.7.6 release I felt that I could dip my hands
into the fresh forged IronPython without getting burned.

     I have written an application in pure CPython that is a
webcrawler called HarvestMan. It is multithreaded and uses Python
threads. I was thinking of trying to make a port of it to IronPython
which will bring me to grips with IronPython and .NET in general.

     HarvestMan uses a number of modules in CPython including
urllib/urllib2, threading, SGMLParser etc. Where can I get a start in
trying to design an IronPython port? How should I approach the game?

     Any pointers and suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

-Anand

PS: HarvestMan is at http://harvestman.freezope.org .

--