[IronPython] Pondering Monad/MSH and IronPython

Mon Jul 25 13:40:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just downloaded "Monad" the MSH shell, watched Jeffery Snover's vision
behind Monad and played with the app.

After looking at the MSH shell briefly, the big question that popped into my
head is what's the big picture game plan for IronPython and Monad?

Both IronPython and MSH have interpreted language and syntax to take
advantage of .NET reflection and access to the properties of the objects.
Both allow object scripting, composition, etc.

So, the question is, Why have both? If MSH is focused at introspective
system programming scenarios, then why not just use IronPython? If
IronPython is focused at higher level developers, then why have MSH as the
introspection facility for Visual Studio as was insinuated from Jeffery
Snover's vision behind Monad?

I don't know if this is the forum for these questions, but it would be good
to know where each tools focus will be.

Thanks,

Anthony