[IronPython] Pondering Monad/MSH and IronPython

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Mon Jul 25 23:02:06 CEST 2005

It's pretty cool.  I'm not entirely warmed up to the language part of MSH, but then it's been a while since I was big on batch files, but it's very powerful.

A buddy and I have been talking the last hour or so about how to extend the power by allowing multiple named output streams.  This could allow you to, for example, sort a list of numbers into various buckets for binning, or more interestingly, take an input stream of mixed objects, and dispatch to various different streams for processing, according to object type.  You'd need a way to apply namespaces to the names, of course, but I think you could implement much of the integration patterns in Fowler.

Someone needs to write a queue provider for MSH, but that's for a different list.